Emergency management is a coordinated effort, involving local, state, and federal government agencies as well as volunteer organizations and businesses.
Within an integrated emergency management framework, these entities assist citizens and their communities to prepare for, respond to, recover from and eliminate or reduce the efforts of natural and human-caused emergencies and disasters.
Please refer to the National Hurricane Center website for the latest official tropical outlook information: https://www.hurricanes.gov
· NWS Houston Galveston Phone Numbers: (281) 337-5074 ext. 234 or ext. 232
· National Hurricane Center Webpage: www.hurricanes.gov
· West Gulf River Forecast Center Webpage: www.weather.gov/wgrfc
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our office at the phone numbers listed in the Resources section above.
May 28, 2018 - For Immediate Release:
The Santa Fe Strong Resiliency Center opening Wednesday. Please click here for information.
Please visit www.sfisd.org to make donations or Texas First Bank of Santa Fe.
May 18, 2018 - From the City of Santa Fe
Please contact the Santa Fe ISD command center for questions and/or concerns regarding the shooting at SFISD.
SFISD crisis hotline 1-800-595-0869
FBI tip/information hotline 1-800-CALL-FBI
Galveston County Hazard Mitigation Plan 2016 - 2020
Storm Preparedness Guide 2018: https://www.weather.gov/media/hgx/HurricaneGuide2018.pdf
* Maintain adequate levels of renter or flood insurance (which includes a 30 day waiting period before going into effect), even if you do not live in a flood plain
* Safeguard important personal documents such as birth certificates, deeds, or insurance policies
* Keep emergency supplies like bottled water and canned food on hand
The 2018 Hurricane Evacuation Route maps and Zip Zone maps have been posted to H–GAC’s website (http://www.h-gac.com/taq/hurricane/default.aspx) and the Together Against the Weather website (www.togetheragainsttheweather.com).
May 8, 2018 @ 6:00p.m. Hurricane Preparedness Town Hall Meeting at the Justice Center located at 3650 FM 646 North. Members of the Galveston County OEM and the National Weather Service will attend to answer questions and present information.
Emergency Management Coordinator
Police Chief Jeff Powell
Assistant Emegency Management Coordinator
Captain Philip Meadows
Burn Permit Information:
Please visit Santa Fe City Hall at 12002 Hwy 6 to obtain a burn permit.